Track physical locations by adding them to the Company profile under the Locations tab.
What is a location
Depending on the type of business you conduct, you might have slightly different needs for the list of locations to record. Generally speaking:
- Record the main headquarters as a location.
- Record each branch as a location.
- Record locations that you want to associate to licenses in Licensee Manager. For example, some professional firms need separate licenses for each branch office. Or for example, a retailer might have a municipal liquor license for 5 of 8 locations in the county. Later on, in License Manager, you can record which of your locations are covered by a given license.
- Coming soon! If the location actually represents a different legal entity (e.g. a franchisee), you will be able to record a new Company at the same time as adding the Location.
To add a location
- From the main menu, click Companies.
- Find the Company you wish to edit in the list. Then on the right, click View company details.
- Click on the Locations tab.
- Click the + Add Location button in the upper right.
- An Address must be entered. All other fields can be filled out but are not required. The Nickname field is where you can record your internal name or identifier for that location, e.g. "Chicago, IL Office (#345)". Scroll down and click Submit.
- You’ll now see the new Location listed.