Track physical locations by adding them to the Company profile under the Locations tab.
What is a location?
Depending on the type of business you conduct, you might have slightly different needs for the list of locations to record. Generally speaking:
- Record the main headquarters as a location.
- Record each branch as a location.
- Record locations that you want to associate to licenses in Licensee Manager. For example, some professional firms need separate licenses for each branch office. Or for example, a retailer might have a municipal liquor license for 5 of 8 locations in the county. Later on, in License Manager, you can record which of your locations are covered by a given license.
- Coming soon! If the location actually represents a different legal entity (e.g. a franchisee), you will be able to record a new Company at the same time as adding the Location.
How to add a location
1. Click the Companies module.
2. Find the Company you wish to edit in the list and click Details on the right.
3. Click the Locations tab.
4. You can add location information by either clicking +Upload List to add a document with a list of locations* or by clicking the + Add Location button in the upper right.
*If you upload a list of locations, those addresses will not be formatted to link to a license.
5. The Nickname field is where you can record your internal name or identifier for that location, e.g. "Chicago, IL Office (#345)".
*This is the name that will show on the license details screen when a location is linked to a license.
6. When filling out location details, an Address must be entered. All other fields can be filled out but are not required.
7. Once you have added add location details, click Submit.
Have any additional questions? Contact Us.