Individuals in Harbor Compliance’s software are a directory of people. This article provides information about Individuals and how to add them to your account:
How to add an individual
- From the main menu, select the Individuals module.
- Click "+ Add Individual" button in the upper right.
- Enter the Individual's basic contact information and assign an access level.
- Two fields must be entered: First Name and Last Name. Please record their full legal name, which may include a Suffix. All other fields can be filled out but are not required.
- If you want to provide the Individual with a login, click the checkbox "Set up individual's user access", enter their Email, and assign an access level.
- Scroll down and click "Submit"
- You’ll now see the new Individual listed in your Account
Why can’t I add an individual? It says it’s an already existing user.
- If you have received this error, the email address you are attempting to add is already associated with another Account or has been previously used.
- To add an individual with this email address, please contact your Client Success Manager or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
What can an Individual do?
- May have login credentials
- May have billing access and responsibilities. You can add your accountant or finance team for billing access.
- May have administrator access and responsibilities
- May have restricted access to only certain companies within your account.
- May be legal counsel to receive notice of lawsuit from your registered agent service
- May be a shareholder, director, officer, member, manager, or other key person in Records Manager
- May have their individual licenses tracked in License Manager
You have control over how you set up access, permissions, and notifications for each individual. You are not required to use any of the advanced features. The easiest way to get started is to add the people you want to log in to your shared account.
Why give an Individual user access?
We recommend granting software access to at least two Individuals, preferably three or more. There is no cost for doing so, and having multiple Individuals with User access provides business continuity if one person is unavailable or leaves the company.
Having an extra person notified if your company receives notice of a lawsuit is especially important because you have a limited amount of time (normally days) to respond to avoid a default judgment.
For more information on providing User access to an Individual, see these Help Center articles: